EMMA HAS A Masters Degree in Comparative European Politics from Trinity College Dublin and is a qualified Solicitor. Emma has also worked as an intern for a lobbying firm in Brussels after completing her Masters Degree. Emma has extensive experience in Corporate Law (particularly on corporate structures), Commercial Property Law and Commercial Litigation.
Emma represents clients in all Court jurisdictions nationwide, as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums such as mediation and arbitration. Emma advises on:
- Anti Money Laundering Laws particularly in the context of the Fourth Money Laundering Directive 2015/849 (MLD4), and the Fifth Money Laundering Directive (EU) 2018/843 (MLD5)
- Banking & Financial Services litigation
- Employment Law & Pensions
- Examinerships, Insolvency and Receiverships under the Companies Act 2014 as amended
- Insurance Disputes whether acting for the Insurer or the Insured
- Landlord & Tenant disputes
- Lobbying and the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015, including what constitutes lobbying, and the rights of obligations of lobbyists
- Property & Building Disputes
- Professional Negligence suits
- Shareholder (including rights and remedies of minority shareholders under the Companies Act 2014), Director and Partnership Disputes
- Whistleblowing and the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 (Act). The Act aims to protect people who raise concerns about possible wrongdoing in the workplace. It provides for redress for employees who are dismissed or otherwise penalised for having reported possible wrongdoing in the workplace.